Structure of the Faculty
- English Language and ESL Teaching Methodology, Head of the Department: Doctor of Phylology, Professor Alexander M. Amatov;
- German and French Languages, Head of the Department: Doctor of Phylology, Professor Arkady P. Sedykh
- Foreign Languages, Head of the Department: Doctor of Phylology, Professor Elena A. Ogneva
The process of education
The Faculty of Foreign Languages provides basic educational programs in the following specialties and training areas:
- 050303.65 Foreign language with additional specialization “Second foreign language”
- 050100.62 Pedagogical education; profile “Foreign languages”
Bachelor’s degree holders may enroll in the post-graduate school to get a Master’s degree. The faculty provides post-graduate education on the following specialization:
- 44.04.01 Pedagogocal education: Linguistic and cultural strategies in foreign language education
- 44.04.01 Pedagogocal education: Linguistic and didactic activities of a multicultural linguistic identity
The Faculty of Foreign Languages exercises diverse international activities working in close cooperation with Robert Bosch Fund, Bremen University, and Goethe Cultural Center for over 10 years now. Student groups and teachers go abroad every year to participate in language training courses.
Alumni activities include working in municipal and regional institutions of education: regular schools, colleges, professional and additional education schools. A good deal of the Faculty’s graduates go for their further education abroad to colleges and universities of Germany, UK, France.