There are 7 (seven) departments in the Institute:
- Department of the Theory and History of the State and Law;
- Department of Civil Law and Procedure;
- Department of Administrative and International Law;
- Department of Constitutional and Municipal Law;
- Department of Labour and Entrepreneurial Law;
- Department of Criminal Law and Procedure;
- Department of Forensic Inquiry and Criminalistics
At the department of The Civil Law and Procedure the scientific-research laboratory of the Law Research Functions is created.
In 2014 he began his work of Mediation Centre.
At the department of the Criminal Law, Procedure and Criminalistics the following institutions are created:
- Scientific and Research Laboratory of Criminology;
- Center of Independent Examination “Themis”.
Education at full-time and extra-mural departments is conducted at the faculty by 75 highly-qualified specialists, including 10 Doctors of Sciences and Professors.
Currently, the institute trained more than 3,000 students
In accordance with the National Educational Standard the faculty carries out training in the following specializations:
- Legal Expertise;
- Legal maintenance of national security;
- Law enforcement work.
There are Bachelor and Master programs at the faculty:
- Bachelor degree program - 030500.68 Jurisprudence
- Study a Masters in the direction 030900.68 Law is carried out by 14 master's programs, including "Theory and History of State and Law, history of legal doctrines," "Civil law, family law, private international law", "Criminal Law and Criminology; criminal law enforcement "," Public international law, European law ".
The main fields of scientific research at the faculty are:
- The problems of the civil duties ( head - professor S.V.Tychinin);
- The problems of the efficiency of the social control over delinquency (head - associate professor N.I.Arkhiptsev).
- The strengthening of the processual regime of the state activity in Russia; theoretical and historical problems (head - Professor G.A.Borisov).
- The problems of the social partnership perfection on the level of Federation subjects (head - associate professor I.A.Grabovskiy)
The faculty cooperates with the following foreign educational institutions and organizations:
- Kharkov National University named after V.N. Karazin (the Ukraine);
- Kharkov National Pedagogical University named after G.S.Skovoroda (the Ukraine);
- National Law Academy named after Y.Mudriy (the Ukraine);
- University of the South Brittany (France);
- The Center for international law education (Austria).
Every year the faculty invites foreign lawyers for reading lectures in English:
- George Andrew Nea, Professor, Doctor of Law, the member of American Bar Association, Course - “Trade Law in the USA”.
- Anthony MacManus, member of American Bar Association, New Hampshire, USA. Course – “The legal system of the USA”.
- Ivan Vladimirovich Shataev, Doctor of Law, Austria. Course -“European Law in the system of international law”.