Deputy dean for educational and methodical work - Polenova Marina E., Ph.D., Associate Professor
Deputy dean for social and educational work - Kulabuhov Dmitry Anatolyevich, Ph.D.
Deputy Dean for Distance Education - Shlyahova Alla.
History of the Faculty
Faculty of Theology and Social Sciences of Belgorod State University was opened in June 1, 2001.
It is housed in a building built in St. George area in 1879 at the expense of the city (now Prejbrazhenskaya 78), which was intended for the male gymnasium. The construction was overseen by A.A. Novikov. Since 1911, in the gymnasium studied about 400 people; the best high-school students received scholarships established in the memory of Emperor Alexander III and Director Fuchs.
From 1954. to 1957. the building was occupied by Belgorod Province Party Committee and in the next decade - Pedagogical Institute, a branch of Polytechnic Institute , later it was transformed into Belgorod Technological Institute of Building Materials, and then into a division-of the Institute of Correspondence
Being reconstructed in 2003, the building Faculty of Theology and Social Sciences is now an architectural, historical and cultural monument of the XIX century, the era of eclecticism and is under state protection.
The architecture of the building forms are combined with -pseudo-Russian style techniques and classicism. The building is a 2-storey, with a ground floor.
Deans of the faculty
- Solovetsky I.S. (2001-2005.) - Professor Emeritus of NRU "BSU" honored teacher of the Russian Federation; honorary citizen of the Belgorod region, chairman of the Belgorod regional branch of the Russian public organization "Union of Russian pensioners”," Chevalier of the Order of the Red Banner;
- Kolesnikov S.A. (2005-2007) - Professor, Doctor of Philology.
- Zhirov Mikhail Semenovich doctor of education, professor, Honored Worker of Culture of the Russian Federation
The Faculty today
The staff of the faculty created a productive system of education, training and spiritual development of students. In short form it is possible to express the essence of the words: Spirituality, Mercy, Wisdom. In practice, these words are realized in the implementation of educational programs in the fields and specialties: "Theology", "Social Work", "Cultural Studies", "Painting" (with specialization "Church history painting"), "Philosophy", "Political Science".
Today, the faculty of Theology and Social Sciences is:
- Approximately 560 students;
- 34 graduate students;
- 83 teachers, including 19 doctors, professors; 50 candidates;
- 3 and 1 producing base of the department;
- 5 areas of undergraduate, Master's 5-way, 4 specialty training of higher education;
- 16 classrooms, including 3 specialized;
- postgraduate studies in 5 specialties: 09.00.13- philosophical anthropology, philosophy of culture, philosophy and history 09.00.14- religion, 09.00.08 –Philosophy of science and technology, 24.00.01- Theory and History of Culture, 22.00.06 - Sociology of Culture .
- journal "Scientific statements of BelSU" (included in the list of recommended books for testing the results of dissertation research WAC Russia) series "Philosophy. Sociology. Law "and" Scientific result "series" Science and humanities "
- Centre counseling and support for students and graduates.
Department of Philosophy and Theology, Head of the Department - Lipich Tamara, Ph.D., associate professor;
78 Preobrazhenskaya Street, office 3,
Department of Social Work, Head of the Department - Olga Volkova, Doctor of Social Sciences, Professor;
78 Preobrazhenskaya Street, office 9a,
Department of Cultural Studies and Political Science, Head of the Department - Kryvets Alla Pavlovna, PhD in Sociology, Associate Professor;
78 Preobrazhenskaya Street, office 29,
Department of Regional Studies of Social work on the basis of the Social Protection of Population of the Belgorod region, Head of the Department - Kishchenko Inna N., Professor, PhD in Sociology;
78 Preobrazhenskaya Street, office 9a, .
The quality of training of professionals provides high level personnel. Scientific and creative and professional potential of the faculty includes 83 professors and teaching staff, including 19 doctors and 50 candidates of science, 38 applicants, graduate and doctoral students. Study at the Faculty 290 full-time students and 256 part-time students and distance learning.
Departments of the faculty are active in research and teaching activities, participate in regional and All-Russian grants, dissertation research defenses, the development of training, educational and scientific publications.
Studying at the Faculty
The teaching process at the Faculty is organized in accordance with European standards, continuous three-level higher education: Bachelor - Master - postgraduate studies in the following areas of training:
Cultural science: profile Languages and Culture of the Slavic peoples
Professional activities of graduates in cultural studies is realized: in intercultural cooperation organizations; in public and private educational institutions and organizations; cultural institutions (administrative bodies and commercial organizations, museums, cultural centers, media); in tourism and advertising agencies; public organizations.
Political science: profile The political and legal culture of Slavic Europe
Professional activities of graduates in political science is realized: in the organizations of international cooperation; in the bodies of state power and local self-government; in educational institutions and research institutes; counseling centers; in the socio-political organizations.
Social Work: profiles Social protection and social services for families and children, Social work in the cultural system
Professional activity of graduates realized: in the field of social protection and social services; in health care and social rehabilitation services; in education and socio-educational assistance; the State Employment Service; in the social and cultural spheres; in the system of social services; institutions Migration Service and FEMA; in the field of social security and pension systems; in the Armed Forces and law enforcement agencies; in the system of non-profit organizations and others.
Professional activity of graduates is realized: in the system of higher and secondary education; in scientific research; in law enforcement and administrative bodies; to the Board of Trustees and charitable organizations; in the spiritual and educational centers; cultural institutions; sociological services and the media; in organizations involved in local history and tourism; in theological and artistic expertise.
Philosophy (Bachelor degree)
Professional activity of graduates is realized: in the socio-political and administrative activity; in teaching and analytical work; in the media; in government and political parties.
Arts (specialization Painter Church history painting).
Professional activity of graduates - painters in the church-historical painting is realized: in professional and creative activity in the arts and church history painting; in research and teaching activities; in artistic, educational and social activities in the creative unions, associations and other public bodies.
After receiving the bachelor's degree graduates can continue their education in master's degree in the following master's programs:
- Theology Master's program The recent history of religions
- Philosophy Master Program Philosophical Anthropology and Philosophy of Culture
- Social Work Master's programs Management of social work, Technology of Social Work, Psychosocial work in the system of social protection of the population
- Cultural Studies Master's program Languages of Culture and intercultural communication
- Political Science Master's program Political relations and political process in modern Russia (master's degree)
The masters training has an enterspecializing features. Education at postgraduate courses is possible for graduates of familiar faculties and specialties.
Also, after obtaining a master's degree graduates can continue their education in graduate school for the following specialties:
- 09.00.13-Philosophical anthropology, philosophy of culture
- 09.00.14-Philosophy and History of Religion
- 09.00.08-Philosophy of Science and Technology
- 24.00.01-Theory and History of Culture
Science at the Faculty
A productive system of research work at all levels of higher education has been built at the faculty.
An integrating element in the implementation of the research work at the faculty is the Research and Training Center of sociocultural research of STF.
The center functioning of carried out in the following areas:
- History of the Orthodox culture;
- The study of lifestyle and support of socially vulnerable categories of the population;
- Folk art culture.
The faculty takes part in the publication of peer-reviewed journal "Scientific statements of BelSU" series "Philosophy. Sociology. Law ", included in the list of recommended WAC for publication of the results of theses for the degree.
Leading scientists of the faculty are in the organizing committees and are regularly invited to international, national and regional scientific conferences, as well as we ourselves, are the organizers of the major conferences with international participation. They are co-organized by the Institute of Philosophy, RAS, Scientific Council on the methodology of artificial intelligence and social movement "Russia 2045".