Belgorod State National Research University today boasts
- Over 26 thousand students from 85 regions of Russia;
- Over 1,700 international students from 76 countries of the World;
- 11 Joint Educational Projects with top universities of Europe, Asia-Pacific Region and USA;
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in English;
- Over 160 agreements for international cooperation;
- 11 Associates and Members of Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Over 1,100 Doctors and Candidates of Science,
- 7 institutes and 3 faculties;
- Medical College;
- 2 branches;
- 12 core departments and 98 sub-departments;
- 278 licensed specialities of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs;
- 12 Candidate and Doctoral Dissertation Councils;
- 43 scientific directions of basic and applied research: 19 academic directions, 24 technical and scientific directions;
- 74 research centers and laboratories:26 Postgraduate training programmes in 80 specialities;
- 28 research laboratories;
- 35 research, scientific and educational centers;
- 3 common use centers of scientific equipment;
- 6 scientific complexes;
- BSU Technological Cluster “High Technologies” with a business incubator;
- Regional IP Center;
- Youth Cultural Centre;
- 16 amateur art groups for students;
- The University-wide library system:Over 4,000 computers (BelSU, 2 branches and Medical College). There is 1 computer per four full-time students;
- 6 reading rooms,
- 5 delivery desks,
- Book stock of 1.2 million exemplars;
- 72 computer classrooms (BelSU, 2 branches and Medical College);
- 20 academic buildings;
- 6 dormitories;
- “Belgorod” Publishing House;
- University Church of St. Gabriel;
- Pharmacy licensed to prepare compound drugs;
- “Nezhegol” Health Complex;
- 9 museums:University Health Clinic;
- Museum of History of the University;
- Museum of Criminalistics,
- Museum of Zoology,
- Museum of Medicolegal Investigation,
- Faculty of History and Philology Museum,
- Department of Applied Geology and Mining,
- Institute of Pedagogy Museum,
- Museum of Foundation Studies Faculty,
- N. Strakhov Library & Museum;
- Equestrian School;
- Svetlana Khorkina Sport Complex.
In 2009, BSU became the basic Institution of University of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in the direction “Nanotechnology”.
In 2010, Belgorod State University was the only academic institution of the Belgorod region, as well as of the Central Federal District of Russia (except Moscow universities) to be granted the “National Research University” status.
In 2012, Belgorod State National Research University was ranked 30th among 103 Russian state universities and about 500 branches, participating in the rating.
In June 2012, the University raised to 13th position (from 51st in 2011) in the ranking of 60 academic institutions participated in the Federal Bursarial Program of Vladimir Potanin Charity Fund.
In 2013, the University welcomed 9 Associates and Members of Russian Academy of Sciences as new teaching staff members.
In 2013, the number of new scientific laboratories was reached 10. Some of them were founded under the Russian Academy of Sciences Associates and Members’ participation or leadership.
In 2013, the 6th 1,000-bed Dormitory was completed.
In December 2013, one of the 6 University’s schools of science was formally approved by the Ministry of Education and Science. It is “Garden Plants Introduction and Selection” scientific school established by Prof. Vladimir Sorokopudov.
As of year-end 2013, all the key results for the next scheduled step specified by NRU “BelSU” Program were achieved. BelSU proved its status of a National Research University and provided evidence of being an undoubtedly effective educational and scientific institution.
In 2014, NRU “BelSU” entered the BRICS Universities Ranking in partnership with QS Top-200 (151-st position).
In 2014, NRU “BelSU” takes the 37-th position out of 161 Institutions of Higher Education in the INTERFAX Group National Universities Ranking.
NRU “BelSU” takes the 21-st position out of 1,197 Institutions of Russia and the 1,868-th position out of 15,000 Institutions of the World in the Webometrics Ranking of Russian Universities by Cybermetrix Research Group.